What is counselling and how can it help?
Counselling provides a regular time and space for people to talk about issues that are troubling them and explore difficult feelings in an environment that is comfortable, safe and private. Our counsellors will respect your viewpoint while helping you to deal with specific problems, cope with crises, improve your relationships, or develop better ways of living. Rather than offering advice, counsellors are trained to help you to gain insight into your thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
Counselling and talking therapies can help people:
- Discuss their problems honestly and openly
- Deal with issues that are preventing them from achieving their goals and ambitions
- To have a more positive outlook on life
- To address unresolved issues and understand their problems better
- Gain a better understanding of other people’s points of view
Counselling can be a positive way of addressing any unresolved issues you have and can help you understand your problems better. It can also give you a better understanding of other people’s points of view.